Bridging the Skills Gap with Codeless Test Automation
As of 2021, the global talent shortage amounts to 40 million skilled workers worldwide. By 2030, the global talent shortage is predicted to reach 85.2 million workers. Companies worldwide risk losing $8.4 trillion in revenue due to lack of skilled talent.
– Korn Ferry Survey
In the last couple of years, digital transformation has become a business imperative for organizations across the globe. An increase in the adoption of digital technologies by businesses has led to an overwhelming demand for technology talents. However, the present shortage of skilled talents is creating roadblocks for businesses
According to recent McKinsey survey, 87% of organizations said that they are either experiencing skill gaps now or expect them to arise in the next five years!
The acute talent shortage is also ripe when it comes to Quality Analysis (QA) and testing. While organizations want to meet the demands of a fast-paced market with optimum quality releases, in most instances they don’t possess the testing resources required for the job. Most organizations adopt code-based test automation solutions to automate tests and strengthen QA but it makes finding the right talent even harder Therefore, the code-based approach to test automation does not deliver the expected results.
Only professionals with ample coding skills can leverage a code-based test automation solution. But, good testers might not always be good coders! Adopting the attitude that “testers must learn how to code” limits organizations from enjoying the truly transformational benefits of test automation. Such a mindset keeps the knowledge of test automation limited among a select few and burdens them with a load of work they cannot handle.
Therefore, organizations need to readjust their QA and testing strategy. The need of the hour is to adopt a test automation solution that can bridge the skill gaps, mitigate the existing siloes in the testing process, and segregate coding from testing. Codeless test automation can enable organizations to achieve these goals.
Outsmart Talent Shortages with Codeless Test Automation
The codeless testing market registered exponential growth in 2021 and reached an overall valuation of US$ 1.5 Billion. The demand for codeless testing market is projected to increase at 15.5% CAGR between 2021 and 2031!
– Future Market Insights study
While there is no quick fix to the impending talent shortage, codeless (No-code) technology solutions are enabling organizations to adjust easily to the situation. With a codeless solution, organizations can empower existing employees (with process knowledge) to handle more tasks. As an example, codeless test automation solutions enable business users and developers to test software seamlessly without writing a single line of code. Codeless test automation solutions bridge the existing skills gap and enable organizations to optimize their existing resources.
What is Codeless Test Automation?
Codeless test automation is the next stage in the evolution of test automation. It enables users to perform test automation without writing a single line of code. In conventional test automation solutions, testing can be conducted with the help of certain test scripts. These test scripts are written in programming languages such as Java, C#, Python, Ruby, etc. On the contrary, codeless test automation allows users to design test cases using a user-friendly interface while test scripts are written automatically in the background.
Decouple Testing and Coding with Codeless Test Automation
Fundamentally, codeless test automation does not mean that there is no need for any scripting, but it enables organization to avoid coding to a large extent. Codeless test automation solution delivers simple features to eliminate the need for extensive coding and maintenance of test cases. It enables professionals with comprehensive QA process knowledge (such as QA engineers, manual testers, and non-professional programmers) and limited coding skills to execute test cases and validate various functionalities of their product without writing complex test scripts. Other advantages of codeless test automation include:
- Minimum coding skills required: Codeless test automation solutions deliver simple point-and-click configuration, which means users don’t need to possess strong coding skills to execute test automation scripts. This also makes it easier for business users from different disciplines to understand the test script and collaborate on the project seamlessly.
- Enables rigorous testing: The test cases written using a codeless test automation solution utilize simple syntax or visual elements. As a result, users with product/business knowledge can contribute to the QA process. It also allows test cases to be reused during regression testing and UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Makes quality everyone’s responsibility: With a codeless test automation solution, the testers, developers, and business stakeholders can work together without waiting for the completion of development phase. Such as solution enables everyone to communicate with each other, identify the discrepancies, give their inputs, and ensure top-notch end-product quality.
- Accelerates test speed without compromising on quality: A codeless continuous test automation solution accelerates an organization’s software release cycle while minimizing testing costs. It allows continuous testing, enabling teams to identify and mitigate bugs early on in the development cycle.
- Reduction in test cycle-time: When empowered with a codeless test automation solution, organizations can accelerate their time-to-market significantly. Such a solution allows organizations to eliminate the challenges with slow-moving manual testing or code-based test automation.
- Simplifies automation maintenance: Codeless approach to test automation ensures that the maintenance of the automation is easier. A change in business requirement does not require a new build and deployment of automation code. Codeless automation tools make new automation script creation or maintenance of existing scripts real-time.
Codeless is the Future of Test Automation
It is quite evident that codeless test automation is the future of QA. It bridges the gap between business/product knowledge and coding skills. The importance of codeless test automation will rise in the coming years and we believe it will be a fundamental test automation practice. Such codeless solutions will enable organizations to navigate the challenges of existing talent shortage.
Embrace Codeless Test Automation BeatBlip is an AI-based codeless test automation solution that enables organizations to test better and release faster. It empowers test teams with a complete toolset for end-to-end testing of UI, APIs, Batch Processes, and Databases. Its leading-edge features allow organizations to prioritize quality assurance along with other IT operations. Request a FREE TRIAL today.